Theists, Mystics, Rockwoods Healer

From: TimTorres_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 17:39:37 -0500

Erik

>Then, I often see the theist (central Gloranthan theist) Divine Magic as
becoming-your-god as well.<
Exactly! But the mystic sees the orthodox theist as hidebound and missing the point; and the orthodox theist sees the mystic as flaky, possibly heretical. They're both using different techniques toward the same or similar end, though the mystic is generally quicker to recognize this than the theist. I always thought the broo Chalana Arroy devotee of the Rockwoods must be a mystic, partly because it would be difficult to "fit in" to the larger lightbringer relationships.
. . . Tim