Outer Atomic Explorers

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 10 Dec 95 15:57:55 EST

Peter writes:

> Troll Gods says that the Arkati fought against the Outer Atomic
> Explorers who were then followed by the God Learners.

I think both of these fights are different in nature to the mundane warfare between the Stygian Empire and the Kingdom of Seshnela (and, later, the crusading Middle Sea Empire).

This is IMO a reference to the Arkati's self-imposed mission on the Hero Plane, where they act as the Shadow Guardians who protect Things Man Was Not Meant To Mess With. So "Atomism" isn't necessarily the creed of pre-God Learner Seshnela, any more than (say) experimental HeroQuesting is the creed of Hero Wars era Dragon Pass. It could be just a (relative) handful of potentially-dangerous Explorers, rather than a major religious drive. Sure, the Materialism tag fits for Westerners -- but out and out Atomism as a major pre-God Learner Article of Faith? Doesn't quite work for me.

Nick