Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #267

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 19:36:40 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-10 08:51:33 EST, Will Johnson writes:

> Sorry to interrupt the flow of things, but something big has happened in
>the industry. Wizards Of The Coast announced that they would no longer be
>supporting their line of role playing games and would instead concentrate on
>their card games. They have laid off 30 employees and are trying to find
new
>homes for their RPG's. This includes Ars Magica, SLA Industries, and
>Everway. I know that there are some ArM players out their and with our
>recent discussions regarding Everway I felt there might be some people out
>there who would like to know.

Wow, where did you here this? If so it is a foolish move as the CCG popularity appears to be declining in my opinion. Most of the people who will end up buying cards will be the collectors. Players are finding it difficult to find players for the new game they just bought into, as not everyone is splurging on cards like they used to.

And if WOTC try and get back in they will be remembered as the ones who bailed on their RPG players, a bad career move <g>.

Scott
Delecti_at_aol.com