Carmanian Confessions

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 22:24:14 EST

Joerg asks if the Carmanians confess to their wizards.

I believe the answer is No. First, the only wizards in Carmania are:
(a) the Magi, who are far too important to listen to people
confessing things;
(b) unaligned (evil) sorcerors; and
(c) Uncle Vodolek who knows some sorcery-style magic and can turn a
cart-wheel into a dancing wooden puppet. Think mad scientist. Would you confess your sins to Victor Von Frankenstein?

Second, most Carmanians other than Magi, wanna-be Magi, and certain eccentric or unsavory members of the vizir caste (such as Uncle Vodolek), worship the Good God through the EthTelsen, the hundred gods. I haven't read anything that would lead me to believe that other Gloranthan theists (of the theyalan type) confess to their priests. I don't think the Carmanians would either.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #269