Mysticism (Last Post)

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 14:30:32 +0000 (GMT)

Erik Sieurin sez:
> Regarding dragons and mystics loosing their personality:... How do I ACT
> like a person that is neither (for instance) greedy, generous, or in-between?

You act in harmony with Nature, understanding that your subjective experience is no more than that. This often means complete passivity, a la Metsyla. I like this, it limits the usefulness of Mysticism to adventurers in a meaningful way.

> Then, I often see the theist (central Gloranthan theist) Divine Magic
> as becoming-your-god as well.

I see HQ or avatarhood as BYG, I see Pelorian DM as invocation. IMO Kralori don't choose to worship a god, they are part of their god. The god takes their MP from them every Holy Day whether they like it or not. The Worship Ch'i allows a priest to become one with the god-consciousness. The Exarchs hold this form of Mysticism in low esteem. Yang Long may be glorious but he is still only a facet of the Cosmic Dragon. - ------
Andrew Behan