Maila's Warfare Tactics

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 17:46:17 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-11 16:46:49 EST, Sandy P. writes:

> Also, since the Malians are on the "offensive", they can
>choose when and where they wish to strike with their plagues --
>assembling a number of plaguemasters in secret in a single city, for
>example. By the time the healers can summon additional help to the
>beset city, the plague there already has a major head start.

This is an interesting and scarey method of warfare in glorantha, and no doubt Malia would pick up a few new worshippers among those scared they will not be helped soon enough.

Interesting how Shamans would be of aid to a Healer in cases like this, and yet Shamans tend to avoid cities. I assume there is safety in the temples of other gods (i.e. a temples guardian spirits/magic would tend to repel the hostile spirits), which is also the reason most Shamans avoid cities (discorporating in a city is like taking off from an airport without an air traffic control<g>) IMO.

Scott
Delecti_at_aol.com