East Coast Humour

From: Neil Robinson <nrobinso_at_Direct.CA>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 15:00:11 -0800

Sandy replies to Nils...
>>Could one of you americans explain to an ignorant european just
>>what 'California sense of humour' is?
> Loony. Often highly visual. Compare the Three Stooges,
>Charlie Chaplin, and Warner Brothers cartoons to East Coast humor
>such as Mel Brooks, the Marx Brothers, and Saturday Night Live (back
>when they were funny).

Um, er, I hate to be such a nationalist, but Saturday Night Live humour was imported from the comic scene in Toronto, the Canadian 'centre of the universe', with many of the writers and actors directly out of Second City Television. And 'central' Canadian humour is considered in between the dry wit of the Brits, and the less subtle humour of our southern neighbours. It is all part of the Canadian conspiricy.

West coast Canadian humour consists almost solely of lambasting people from Toronto and Ottawa, especially when they are smoothered by Valind's Glacier in the winter and Gorakki's children in the summer.

Neil

Neil Robinson            I realize I hold the key to freedom
nrobinso_at_Direct.CA       I cannot let my life be ruled by threads
Victoria, BC Canada             - Marillion, "The Web"