Couple of topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 13:17:53 +1300

Martin Crim:

>Another thought: would all existing TM's (or Clay Mostali for that matter)
>necessarily be found in the Inner World? Many might be laboring to repair
>the Sky Dome, or in the Underworld scavenging for bits of the Spike.

I had thought the Planet Jugger might be a Celestial Repair Station trying to clean up the Heavens. Stupid humans seeing that some planets are dissappearing draw the wrong conclusions...

Nils Weinander:

>As people spread and cultures changed and grew apart, so did magic. The
>Kralorelans got draconic connections and developed mysticism. I'm not
>sure about the latter, but I think mysticism was originally created for
>the common people who weren't enlightened enough to grasp the dragon magic.

I think mysticism was created as a unified field combining the insights of the Kralori Dragon People and the immigrant Sun People. When a Kralori does mysticism, she thinks that she is manipulating Draconic Forces. This is because IMO the Kralori use Draconism as a catch-all term for their interactions (other people's interactions are merely 'vulgar') with the Otherworld. A Westerner who looks at the mystic would see nothing like a dragonewt happening (except in certain circumstances) and so would presume the Kralori claims are largely puffery.

A good RW example of this is Feng Shui or Chinese Geomancy whose practitioners say they manipulate draconic forces. But to our eyes, all they are doing is putting buildings in various positions and we can't see any sign of dragons (European or Chinese).