Mystic things

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 18:10:51 +0100

Tim:
>As a general rule, any generalization made about mystic truth can be proven
>wrong, that is, there is always a strong argument for the opposite.

Nicely put.

>To extinguish one's worldly personality is to realize one's true personality.

(Followed by the quotes I asked for)

I think we actually agree on this one, but with different words. The semantics of the subject are quite elusive: "The Tao which can be described is not the Tao" etc.

Peter:
>I think mysticism was created as a unified field combining the insights
>of the Kralori Dragon People and the immigrant Sun People. When a
>Kralori does mysticism, she thinks that she is manipulating Draconic
>Forces. This is because IMO the Kralori use Draconism as a catch-all
>term for their interactions (other people's interactions are merely
>'vulgar') with the Otherworld.

Sounds pretty good to me. I still think the mode enlightened Kralorelans can access more 'pure' draconic powers.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #274