Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #269

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 19:18:39 +0100

Argrath posts some heretical thoughts about TM
> Would all existing TM's necessarily be embodied? It's a heretical notion for
> such materialists as the Mostali, but it might be possible for a TM to exist
> in spirit form, particularly a post-Chark (i.e., Individualist) TM.
I think Mostali are full aware of the existence of spirits. They just see them as another form of matter, or rather an effect of certain interactions of matter and energy. It is fully possible IMHeO (in my heretical opinion) that even Orthodox True Mostali can do that. _I_ think that True Mostali very seldom are heretical. But then I'm only one of the Eleventh, and have minor access to Mostali secrets. That TM can be non-bipedal is a (for me) useful insight which I think is correct. In fact, the majority may be. The Bad Old SF computer may be an idea, or a living Victorian-style factory of enormous proportions. (I envisage much Dwarven technology as having a Victorian SF look, with added arcane rune-drawings and lot of Flintstonesque use of constructs. An added theme comes from a Swedish children's comic, in which the strange inventions of the story's recident genius tends to have humanoid legs and arms with gloves and boots - wonderfully weird)

> We know that Mostali are
> not descended from Grandfather Mortal, i.e., they don't have the Man Rune.
IMHeO the TM are not GM-descended, but the dwarves _are_, in a way - as if Mostal took the much-used Man Model A ("pretty efficient thing, for being a GROWN thing - its especially adoptable for variant tasks both mentally and physically, and that's what we need in this crisis") and copied it.
And if some heroquesting dwarf found the mold used.... or perhaps the dwarfs already have it.... those damn Vegetarians, who are already copying and adapting organic lifeforms for construct use....
Are you sure your neighbour is not a mere Dwarven Construct? Does he/she exhibit a marked lack of feelings? Of appreciation of beauty? Use your Second Sight spells - does the guy really have a soul? They Walk Among Us........

> Another thought: would all existing TM's (or Clay Mostali for that matter)
> necessarily be found in the Inner World?
And wonderfully weird (again) points follow. IMHeO (again) the deeper levels of dwarven strongholds may be more heroplane than mundane plane from a human POW. The whole dwarven existence can be stated to be a kind of ritual anyway, upholding this state.

And I forgot - I put a question to what appearently was mr Happy's last Mysticism post. If you do nor want to make another one, could you try to answer my question by private e-mail?

That's all.
Erik