Carmanian take on Arkat vs Talor

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 16:44:24 EST

I was musing on the Arkat vs Talor question, when suddenly it struck me. Carmanians see Arkat and Talor as mirror images of each other. One brought light. One brought darkness. One destroyed the dark Gbaji. One destroyed the light Gbaji. One left a legacy of joy, the other was doomed.

Therefore...

Arkat

Arkat the Devourer was a great warrior who turned to darkness. His greatest deed was to free the world from Gbaji the Deceiver. Where the Deceiver was bright Arkat opposed the blinding light and brought darkness to a land that needed it. His story shows us why the ways of darkness can be dangerous, for by devouring the Deceiver he sealed his own doom.

Talor

Talor, the Laughing Warrior, battled darkness and brought light. His greatest deed was to free the world from Gbaji the Deceiver. Where the Deceiver was dark Talor opposed the devouring darkness and brought light to a land that needed it. He taught the Song of Battle by which our hazars may achieve strength through joy.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #275