Mixed fruit

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 15:14:25 +0100

Loren:
> I hereby cite Peter Metcalfe and Joerg Baumgartner for egregious
> violation of Rule 3. Learn to paraphrase, guys.
Now, WHAT'S THE PUNISHMENT (evil leer on face). In the beginning I thought to save the Malkioni discussion and spend some nights when it had finally ebbed to read it through and pick out the goodies, but I gave up.

Some gametalk between Jonas and Nils:
Nils:
> >As to the in-character player to player conversation, it sure is fun,
> >but to me it isn't the be-all and end-all of a game. Just like combat
> >it grows stale if overdone.

Jonas:
> What? Such boring players you must have.... :-) But, like I said, you need
> a little combat now and then to get the old adrenaline flowing.
Not combat, for me and my group, but some action - doing something rather than talking. Practical decisions, of whatever kind, also tend to result in the most funny conversations.

Nils:
> >but I want the drama, magic and mythical aspects to
> >spill over on the non-combat scenes too. The problem is, lowering the
> >power level and focusing on in-character interaction won't achieve
that.
Jonas:
> What if you _don't_ lower the power level, but just implement the other
> change? Infusing the non-combat scenes with magic and myth is simply a
> matter of keeping your Glorantha Lore at the front of your mind when you're
> creating the NPCs and plotting out the scenario, isn't it?
That's exactly what we are doing in our campaign. It's reached the point where the players actually knows some GL (more than minimum needed to play their characters). Sometimes the guys find Mythic Links I didn't know existed.....
"I KNOW it! That guy symbolized Orlanth, didn't he?" "Uh, no, he was just one of the local guys whose personality I made up on the spot when you got the strange idea of talking to him...."

Erik