an antipodean botanical nitpick

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:27:17 +0800

>>The koalas always strike me as eucalyptus runners.
> Hmm. I believe that gigantic trees in Glorantha flourish
>mainly in Kralorela and Umathela, except for isolated cases like the
>Redwood. I mean _really_ gigantic trees, like Eucalyptus, Redwood,
>Sequoia. Relics of the dinosaur age.

        Eucalypts are, in general, not that big, and very common in Australia. You may be thinking of trees like the Karri, Marri, and Tingle forests of South West Western Australia, which are very big (I don't know how they compare to Redwoods, but I suspect they are in the same ballpark). A favoured destination for short holidays by just about everyone in W.A., they have contributed significantly to my idea of what an Aldrymni forest is like.

        Cheers

                        David

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #278