Magasta lives

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:30:56 +0800

> (Magasta was killed at the battle of Tanian's Victory and not
>ressurected until the Fireberg Crisis IMO).

        I suppose it is too much to ask the reasoning behind this assertion? After all, Magasta is one of the most important gods of Glorantha, far more important than Tanian, so I find it highly unlikely that merely bringing Tanian into the world could kill Magasta - especially as Tanian only affected a relatively small proportion of the oceans.

        It could have crippled the Magasta cult in other ways. Possibly by forcing most of the Magasta cult monsters and spirits to fight the spread of the fire, rather than being available for his worshippers to command, or something like that. But actually knocking off Magasta would have far greater consequences than just a few firebergs, IMHO.

        Cheers

                        David