Re: Forestry and elves

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 95 12:30:19 -0600

>I tend to think that you get the "lower Aldryami" in many places
>outside the Great forests. For instance, though in the official game
>you get the impression that Red Elves - or Goblins, as I prefer to
>call them - only live in the giant swamps of Pamaltela, I would let
>people getting muddy elsewere meet some small Goblins of the local
>moss and fern fauna.

        The Goblins are a relict race. This means that they can be found almost _anywhere_ in Glorantha that there is a swamp. At least a non-chaotic swamp (they seem to be sensitive to chaos -- or maybe it's just that they're so easily warped by it that their species rapidly becomes something else). I'm sure goblins inhabit Fethlon, Teleos, and anywhere else you have swamps, including cold-weather swamps (those goblins may be _very_ different, though).

Sandy P.