Comedy and Memory

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_vinga.hum.gu.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 20:24:29 +0100

Nobody else seems interested in this thread, so I'll leave it alone after straightening out some semantic confusion.

Nils thought the scenario I described (and which it turns out he once played) was "wacky comedy". Hmm. Never thought of it like that. To us, it's just the way things are in Real Life: people with confused and conflicting ideas and emotions, running around trying to fulfill their vain ambitions and maybe make the world a better place to live, too, if they can find the time. Only difference is the omnipresent Magic and Myth.

>As to remembrance, you mean everyone else has repressed that flipped out
>RQ tournament? :-)

If you thought _that_ was flipped out, you should have seen some other things we've done. Like the cat caper, or the time we ran three parallell scenarios culminating in a tabletop skirmish, or the Apocalypse Now take-off, or...

Anyway, what I really meant was that few people old enough to remember are still around. At least at conventions.

(((     Jonas Schiott                   )))     Revolution
(((     Ide- och l=E4rdomshistoria        )))     is the opium
(((     Goteborg                        )))     of the intellectuals