Re: Morthander go home?

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 16:40:27 EST

Morthander is the kind of character you love to hate. He is no hero. He is an antihero. He kills for fun. He kills hazia addicts and women who have been enslaved into lives of prostitution. He would definitely say something along the lines of "Kill them all and let the Red Goddess sort them out" while conquering a suspected center of rebellion against the empire. People like Morthander tend to get really powerful, but not by themselves. They tend to accumulate large armies and political parties around them, and then either they succeed wildly or they get poisoned in their sleep.

I like Morthander. I just don't like his name. No gentle-caste Carmanian would carry a bizarre name such as Deville. More likely his real name is Morekadar Drachilla, and he has disguised his name to avoid repercussions to his birth house.