Char-un in 2nd Age Carmania?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 00:37:54 MET

Loren wrote (among other excellent name-magic)

> Wasputi Meifan was the General of the Outriders. Cunning and devious
> as one would expect from the army's chief spy he eased considerably
> the passage of the 10,000 through Harangvat and Char-Un lands.

I had the impression that the Char-UN were resettled from more eastern lands only in the 2nd Wane, i.e. long after the Carmanian settlement.

I am aware that some of the horse-riding warlords disappeared into Fronela after Argentium Thri'ile, though. While I originally supposed these were the founders of Southbank, they may have retained their nomadic ways. Were these the horse nomads the 10,000 fought?