The West

From: hasni_at_big10.metrobbs.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 23:35:00 -0500

Just thought I'd clutter up the daily with a couple more bizare questions everybody's allready asked...

Dormal: Do worshipers of Saint Dormal get DI?

Other Saints: Do other saints give DI?

Farmers: Farmers don't get intenstity, so what sorecery spells can they use that is not completly worthless? Smother 1 is the only one I can come up with. Any one else?

WAR: What countries are currently at war. "What my Pop told me" Imples that Shesnella is at war with "the east" meaning all the crazy barbarainas. ARe they really at war with Esrolia? How much contact do they get with the barbarians, any how?

Hypothetical Artifact: Ok, say there is a great chalice of healing and it was supposedly made by a forgotten god out of Adamant for Arroin, and he went around healing gods and folk with it. (long long long time ago, before time, etc etc) Anyhow, there is a small though not neccessarily easy heroquest that involves the artifact that will break the Maran Gor(?) blast loins(?) [drat, wheres that book...] spell. Any ideas on a) what else might be needed and what form the quest would take. b) some sick perversion that the Lunar/KOW/mysterious-assasin-types-that-have-been- harring-the-PCS-for-unknown-reasons might have for it. (I'm thinking another, little known and less publicised ritual that involves the chalice and ...um... something evil or Chaotic...)

Crafts: Armoring is a Humakti cult skill. When does it come into play?  I'm thikning that anytime a piece of armor takes twice it's protective value in damage, it gets reduced like a shield does. However, blunt weapons don't damage light armour (though the armour protects less as per the errata) Anyhow, my Humakti WANTS his armour to get hurt... *sigh* Oh, and does it help fix ANY armour, or do they need leatherwork or bronzeworking also to utilize it correctly....?

Humakti Gifts: Does the gift go away when a Humakti dies? If a Humakti dies, can his last DI be something along the lines of, "Make me an allied spirit embeded in a sword!"? Or is this a sort of un-death that would keep them from the eternal battle and their rightful place with Humakt. Or is it a special honor that Humakt gives those he favors...?

Sorcery: If an Elf learned Sorcery in the west, would he technically be a worshiper of the Invisible God? Or is all that stuff about sorcery spells being "prayers" to be ignored...? (Is ALL sorcery phrased as prayers?)

Hasni Mubarak