Yinkin and origin of humans

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 1996 21:09:16 +0100

Yinkin:

A lot of the discussion of the alynx god seems a bit ass-backwards. Why theorize about what role he might have been invented to fill when it's much easier to say that in the God Time Yinkin, the god of cats helped Orlanth, the god of storm and was his foster brother. Because of that (pre)historic fact, Yinkin is present in the myths and worshipped by some.

Origin of humans:

Peter Metcalfe:
>I do not believe that all human cultures
>passed through the Hsunchen Stage

>As a counterpoint, I offer
>Wild Man of the Kralori Mythos as an example of what the earliest humans
>could have been like yet not be considered Hsunchen.

I agree with Peter. Different people come from different sources. An East Isles myth says that humans were created last of the mortal races, by the storm gods. But since the storm gods are incompetent klutzes they botched the whole thing so that gods from all the other elements had to intervene and patch the creation. That's what makes humans unique, and nowadays the dominant race: they have the truth and vision of the Sky, the fertility and bounty of the Earth, the strength and flexibility of the Sea, the hunger and craving for more of Darkness and the impatience and penchant to dabble in things they shouldn't touch of Storm.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net