Re: Moon Shadows

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 18:52:16 -0600

Barbara B.
>Therefore the colour overload from staring at the red coloured world
>at night would lead your eye to interpret the shadows as green
>coloured.

        I assume you mean shadows _on_ the moon, here? I suppose if you stared at the moon long enough it would make the dark seem like green, if the moon's brightness worked like Earth's. My own opinion is that humans on Glorantha have the same light receptors in their eyes as on earth, but that when you look at the Moon for a long time the resultant afterimage is STILL red. (Magic)

        In addition, shadows cast by the red moon are black (because there's no other source of light). Of course, everything else is red under its light.

>PS Does this mean shades in the Lunar Empire are in fact ghastly
>green monsters

        Since they are not the absence of Red Light, but in fact the absence of any light, I would say they are still black. Note that dark blue, under a red light, generally appears black, which may lead one to some interesting speculations about the Lunar relationship with the Blue Moon Plateau.

Sasndy