civilized agimori and platonic grafitti.

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 1996 15:02:12 +1300

Nils Weinander:

David Hall:
>>There is a pattern of evolution in Glorantha from primitive societies to more
>>civilised societies.

>There is of course the big continent of Pamaltela, where the development
>has been from urbanized, 'civilized' Artmali to nomadic, 'primitive'
>Agimori cultures...

But the Agimori of Central Pamaltela have always been nomadic save for a brief period when the Doraddi were enslaved by the Six-Legged Empire. Even during the Glorious Empire of Artmal (which is dimly remembered at best), the Agimori were living on the fringes. And this ignores the indigeneous civilized regions of Pamaltela: Fonrit, Laskal and the Elf Coasts.

Even now, there is a trend to increasing sedentary behaviour among the nomadic Agimori. The Kresh are a clear example of this. And the Right Footpath Doraddi support permanent colonies of superannuitants at the Oases which is a remant of magical change the six-legged empire introduced. As for the Artmali, even they were in the beginning hunter gatherers. They just became more civilized before anybody else IMO.

Andrew Behan:

>Can anyone out there improve on the oft ridiculed idea that they see the
>Inner World as the shadows of the Runes on Plato's cave wall?

I can't see what's wrong with the idea that the Malkioni see the world in such a manner. I myself believe that it's a totally anal-retentive God Learner theory but it suits the Modern Malkioni obsession with runes. Not that the Carmanians or the Stygians are likely to embrace the concept.