Yinkin

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 20:55:45 GMT

   My Cat (called, naturally enough, Yinkin), is disgusted at the Idea that anyone would expect a Yinkin cultist to *work* for a living, not the Cats way at all! Besides, Yinkin is kin to Orlanth, so Orlanth has a duty to look after him regardless, it is those with no other claim to provide a reason to be sheltered by the Clan! (so Dogs work for their place in the homestead, because Brother Dog is not a brother, but Cats are there as of right).

  I would expect that all Yinkin cultists are in fact alynxes (mind you that is the Orlanthi all...), Humans will only worship him as a subcult of one or more of Orlanth, Odayla and possibly Eurmal, for whom Yinkin was sometimes a companion in arms, and sometimes a victim just begging to be taken down a peg or two!! Yinkin may also have a place in the Esrolian Cult, (especially where Orlanth is the main husband) for his part in keeping down the birds, mice and rats that would otherwise steal the grain for themselves.

  Yinkin was probably responsible for teaching Orlanth the skills of Sneak and Hide, and encouraging him to leap and climb, and is remembered particularly by Orlanth Adventurous for this.