Divination in Glorantha

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 11:52:47 EST

One way to make Divination work in Glorantha gaming is to make the result of the divination a skill modifier. Instead of the divination saying "I see you throwing millet to crows and ascending to the top of the tree" thereby giving the player a too-clear guide to what to do to succeed, make the divination say "on this day social and intellectual abilities will be unaffected, but violence will be hindered and you will do well with money. -5% to all combat skills,
+5% to all mercantile skills." I used the Tarot categories but it
would be possible to use other categories. Just choose them based on what's most fun to use in the game.