Malkioni, Gnosticism

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 09:43:24 +0000 (GMT)

> This would lead to the Stygian Heresy, of course, since the pagan gods
> could be seen as these emanations or agents of the IG by
> less-sophisticated or less intellectual people.

Orthodox Malkioni believe in impersonal emanations from the IG which they call runes. The Carmanians have obviously personified these emanaqtions as gods bugt personal I prefer to think that the Ralian Stygians nowadays (though probably not formerly) euhemerized these emanations into St Worlath, St Humct etc. all of whom offer "Blessings" (i.e. Divine Magic.) Instead of being gods who embody runes they are saints who "mastered" them. It is more ambiguous than the other option. - --------
Andrew Behan