The Red Empire...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 22:56:40 +1300

Martin Crim:

worries about the 'Perpetual Revolution' of the Red Moon and wonders if the 'Cultural Revolution' may be next. I think the Osliri River Rituals have already sunk to the level of Mao Zhedong's Notorious Swim in the Yellow(?) River that began the Cultural Revolution.

However I don't think the Lunar Empire is politically organized enough to have anything like the Red Guards or the Cultural Revolution. The image of the Lunar Empire is more like Rome of the Late Republic to me, ie there is severe internal strife among the ruling elite while the Empire is militarily expansionistic.

The Lunar religion has hardly the capacity to enforce ideological uniformity considering the amount of Illuminates it has! I get the impression the higher Ranks are deeply cynical and are in it for the political and magical power they can snaff^H^H^H^H^H acquire for the benefit of others.

Hmm. what are the odds of a catastropic fire happening in Raibanth or Glamour within the next ten years (and being blamed on the White Moon Nuts)?