Couple of Replies

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:27:38 +1300

Nils Weinander:

>I guess it's a very subjective view, but Dara Happa's
>age and solar prestige gives it a special luster in my view.

Well, 10 million Lunar Citizens can't be wrong. Seriously, both the Malkioni and the Kralori can claim a continous cultural tradition lasting as long if not longer than Dara Happa, IMO.

Tarry Higgins:

repeats a number of commonly held misconceptions in his reply:

>Once more chaos comes hiding behind a mask. 1000 years ago the "healers" of
>Gbaji came to cure plague and sickness, plague and sickness that they
>themselves spread. This is the lunar empire

  1. The Plague was said to be introduced into Tanisor from the Kingdom of Dari which ruled Ralios at the time. This was not part of the Nysalor's Empire of Light. The two nations may have shared similar philosophical ideas but then so do Loskalm and Seshnela.
  2. The proof that the riddlers spread the plague has oft been asserted but never seen. The only evidence that they did so comes from the Brithini (who have no souls thus are free to damn themselves by perjury without suffering harm) and Arkat (who betrayed so many people and causes that he ended up betraying his own hidden agendas to the enemy). Consequently, the charge remains unproven and is probably baseless to boot.
    • --Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #318