Roman Empire, Lunar Empire

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 21:53:24 MET

Peter Metcalfe thought Lunar Empire thoughts

> The reason why I looked toward late republican rome, is that Imperial
> Roman History is to me kinda boring.

[..., citing only the Julian emperors, not the migration age soldier emperors, who also displayed some astonishing skill in disposing of co-emperors, and giving good and well known examples from Republican Rome.]

> I'm not saying the
> parallel is exact or even close, it's that when I think up RW models for
> Dart Competitions, I am struck by the Late Republic examples.

Actually I expected MOB to point this out (although he is likely too busy preparing for the Gloranthan invasion of God Forgot, or whatever that overgrown Island Down Under is called), but if you want a RW model for that kind of politics, look at the East Roman Empire. There you have the multinational court composition, sufficient decadence, your choice of state religions and tolerated ones, and lots of political murder.