A little lunacy

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 22:07:46 +0100

Nick:
>"Fascinating! I must meet this man as my Mission takes me through the East
>Isles, spreading the Lunar Way and the Word of the Goddess!" writes Octavian
>Suppositorius, former chief missionary of the Seven Mothers to the erstwhile
>Kingdom of Sartar, now responsible for bringing the Thousand Isles of Wonder
>into the Lunar Fold

Missionary Suppositorius, you are most welcome to the _Ten_ Thousand Isles of Dawn. You may stay at our exulted schools on Mokato for a year (you are of course welcome to stay longer, but then you won't be able to leave). But that year should suffice to rid you of your false views of the waking and the dreaming and set you on the path toward elucidation.

May the Thella light your path and the White Moon guard your dreams!

Martin Crim on eschatology:
>I don't think eschatology is prevalent in Pamaltela or the East Isles.

I don't know about Pamaltela, but the East Isles have a very noticeable eschatology since their culture puts a big emphasis on Fate as a force. If everyone strives to do what they are supposed to do, keep the Nightmare out, don't overtax their connection with the Dreaming etc. Glorantha the goddess will be healed in the fullness of time. Then the real Sun and the White Moon will rise in unison from Hell and shine with a combined light where neither puts any shadow on the other. The Nightmare will be pushed out into the Void and the Dreaming and the Waking are reunited.

The doom and gloom prophets, like the albatross keet Silverbeak, say that the Nightmare has already returned through the machinations of the Black Moon. Soon the eye of Tyram will hang in the sky, dripping fire. Then everything goes to hell.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net