Malkioni DI

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:44:43 -0500 (EST)

Haven't had been keeping up much with the discussions, between holidays and major blizzards, but I realize that something surprising went by. I thought that the Invisible God WAS invisible, that is to say that He/she/it did not intervene in temporal affairs. I thought that sorcerors had more individual power than other humans, but that they lacked the divine power of intervention that theists had. Am I now to gather that Malkioni have the same powers of DI that Orlanthi, say, do? And since the IG is the single God of the universe, he would not have the restrictions on what could be done with a DI to him that there would be on a DI to one of the Theyalan Gods? Doesn't this cause two problems: one, how invisible is a God who does DI's? and two, a game-balance problem: with such powers linked to those of heavy-duty sorcerors, why haven't the Malkioni conquered everything? (or maybe they narly did, in the Second Age?) Jim Chapin