Rise of Ralios/RQ-Con VII

From: Tschinke <tschinke_at_NORDWEST.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 12:41:29 +0100

Fight for Ralios

The World's Greatest Tournament

We, Janus des Chevaliers, call the mighty, rulers and churchmen of=20 Ralios, to gather and muster for a Tournament in the name of the land.

We bid every honorable knight, regardless of his faith, to lay down his=20 gauntlet of feud [does this expression exist in English?] and abstain=20 from war or siege ,and to take up the arms of tourney, to compete in=20 the chivalrous arts in the name of one Ralios, in Kustria, the Mother=20 of all Tournaments, so that no innocents may be harmed by the clashes=20 of the mighty.

May the blood flowing freely on the battlefields be stilled, and may=20 the knights grow together in harmony in honourable combat.

Thus is our wish.

Janus des Chevaliers

War rages in Ralios, a region comprised of a patchwork of city-states,=20 duchies, counties and small kingdoms and a crucible (or rather mortar?)=20 of most diverse cultures and cults, religions and heresies. After the=20 Rokari Inquisition had masterminded the assassination of Theoblanc the=20 Pious, late Ecclesiarch of Rokarism, at the Seventh Malkioni Council in=20 Sogolotha Mambrola, and returned to be the uncontested power behind the=20 throne, the Kingdom of Seshnela has invaded Ralios again. One of the=20 major Ralian rulers, Foyalfine of Azilos, was instrumental to their=20 success in Daran by betraying an anti-Tanisoran alliance. It were his=20 mercenaries who invaded Daran side by side with the Seshnegi troops and=20 chased the count out of his holdings. It was his army which shortly=20 after that invaded Tarasdal and assimilated this neighbour of Azilos.=20 It was his son, Sir Brandione, who led the army of Azilos as it=20 performed a massacre of unknown brutality on the adherents of the sect=20 called the Left and Right Hand of the Invisible God in the city of=20 Uton, in Uron. All of this was done in the name of Arkat, since it is=20 hardly a secret any more that Foyalfine claims to be the heir of this=20 Hero of Ralios.

(Ingo Tschinke, translated by joerg baumgartner)

once again we will start with a new Free Form Game on our german RuneQuest-Convention. This is the seventh one and it will be the best. The convention is on the 24 to 27 may 1996 on castle 'Stahleck' near Bacharach
(this is near Frankfurt) above the beautiful rhine river valley. It=B4s a=
 real
medivial atmosphere.
The Free Form taking place on castle Kustria. There will be a lot of struggle upon the power of ralios, intrigue, love, religios debates on all the heresy and philosophies of ralios (the Henotheistic church of Azilos, the Henotheistic church of Otkorion, the real stygian Church of Naskorion, the malkionistic church of Estal, the boristi, the galvosti and a lot of other religios fanatic will be there), tournement fights, revenge and murder. This Free Form is written by David Hall, Kevin Jacklin, Nich Brooke, Ingo Tschinke, Christian von Aster, joerg Baumgartner and David Dunham. We will have 80 - 100 players in the game.
But there is more. Our guest of honour David Hall, Shield push, Trollball, RQ tournements, workshops on much topics etc. You will like it. We will have this year a lot of people from foreign countries and you can be sure, that everybody can speak 'Tradetalk' (engish). Everybody who wants to be at the VII. RQ-Con on Castle Stahleck please writes to: Phillipp Kuckuck, Im kleinen Felde 7, D-30982 For more informations about the 'Rise of Ralios' writes to: Ingo Tschinke, Schevemoorer Landstr. 33, D-28325 Bremen; tschinke_at_nordwest.de.

Hope to see you all in Germany

ingo