Re: Independent Magicians: Loren's examples

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:20:15 -0500

In V2 #329, Loren writes:

>Svet Two Horses ...can make your cow all better (xenoheal 9 matrix as a
>gift from a dragonnewt)... Winnie
>Quietwood in the next village over once killed a wolf by looking at
>it (Shatter spell learned from a lover? Elfshot given by a spirit?
>Who knows?), and there is whispering that she has used her evil eye
>on cattle for jealous neighbors who later regretted their bargain.

The second example is closer to what I'm thinking of. (Aside: Xenoheal? Are you an unreconstructed RQ2-er?) It's said that all the Quietwood womenfolk have uncanny powers, and they pass it on from grandmother to granddaughter.  Perhaps they have a bargain with a local spirit, or perhaps they just know things.