re:Glorantha Digest V2 #330

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:11:00 -0500

Erik Sieurin,
>who wonders if he really believes there is someone in
>Glorantha which believes any of this mess?

I don't necessarily believe it, but I do believe that many Malkioni sects believe it.

Particularly, I agree that the Malkioni must believe that humans have 3 parts: body, spirit, and soul.

Your arguments about the nature of the false gods are probably regarded differently by different sects, especially Stygians and Aeolians would strongly disagree with your position (which is why they are thrice damned heretics who must be burnt at the stake ASAP). IMO the mainstream of Loskalmi and Rokari churches probably have theories very much like yours.

Now, a small point that worries me:
Given this model of how false gods are formed, should there not be some concern about what happens when people begin to venerate saints and call upon them for miracles? The Stygians and Aeolians have blurred the distinction between saints and pagan gods. Should not the mainstream Malkioni be concerned that similiar degradation could occur in their own churches?

I suspect that there are elements of the Malkioni religion that are strongly opposed to the veneration of saints (or there have been and they are now extinct).