Aping the Brithini?

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 16:03:51 +1300

Martin Crim:

In an excellent article wrote:

>The Brithini called these people the Apes (meaning both that they
>were deemed sub-human by the Brithini and that they "aped" the
>Brithini). They were thus higher than the normal run of
>humanity, whom the Brithini called "jumped-up monkey hsunchen."

I can appreciate the intent but I feel these concepts are somwhat misnamed. 'jumped-up monkey hsunchen' sounds too modern and slangy for a Brithini sneer whereas simply calling the normal run of humanity 'Hsunchen' would be far more appropiate IMO.

As for the Lesser Logicals 'apeing' the Brithini way, I'm uncertain if the Brithini had much contact with monkeys or apes for the slur to arise. Perhaps it might be that the Brithini viewed the lesser logicals as 'Domesticated Hsunchen' or even 'Farm Hsunchen'?