Multiple Corianders

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 01:45:39 +1100

G'day all,

Just now in free-wheeling recovery mode from RQ Con Down Under and a horde of thirsty poms drinking me out of house and home; will post a full report later (suffice to say by all accounts the con was a hit!).

Corianders

Brian writes:
> Is it a typo, coincidence, or an annoying decision on the parts of
> the authors that there are no less than 3 characters named Coriander?

Thanks Harald for defending this 'annoying decision' of ours (V2 #338); I for one can only see MGF in having 3 characters with the same name.

The way this came about was in the original campaign which eventually spawned Sun County, we in fact had a character named "Coriander Before Whom Even the Crimson Bat Trembles", lifted straight out of the excellent Alan la Vergne story "Smell of a Rat" in the 'RQ Companion'. Unlike the Corinader in the story, who was a Humakti who despite his boastful nickname fled to Prax when the Bat drew near, ours was instead a priest of the Crimson Bat who truly did make the Bat tremble as it had never trembled before (obviously scored a crit on his Bat Mastery roll!). Hence the honourific. This is the same Coriander in the Sanctuary section of 'Sun County'. He is a very dangerous person to be with, as the High Priest of the Bat Cult (presumably called Batman), seethes with jealousy and wants to make him into Bat Food. I can only see potential *fun* and *amusement* in having multiple Corianders running around, which is why we named several other characters Coriander too. Maybe even the real one from Alan la Vergne could be skulking around Sun County. Does anyone else apart from Bryan really have a problem with this?

Michael O'Brien
(look in your telephone book, there's loads of us!)