Re: Omens 'n' Oracles 'n' things

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 22:32:08 -0500

In Glorantha Digest V2 #341, Mark Smylie writes, apropos of an omen table:

>"You see
>two crows flying backwards, it's a bad omen, you get -5% on your to-hits
>for the rest of the day"

If I were the GM, I'd say "You see two crows flying backwards. Drop everything and flee this land for your lives and never speak of this place again! Flee! Flee now!"

I have had various omens in my game, but never used a table to generate them nor would I want to. They are GM tools to advance the story and inject mystery. One omen--the blue heron--turned out to be an important spirit ally.

Thanks for everybody else's comments. very helpful; good discussion.