Some minor matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 17:56:34 +1300

Ingo Tschinke:

On the Illumination of the Borists. I was skeptical, Ingo replies:

>They do in fact. The boristi views Arkat as Arkat the Traitor, because he
>has promised to destroy the devil, but he have never done this in their
>sight of things IMO. But they got in the beginning of the Gbaji Chaos war
>some spells and insights from him to destroy chaos. The hold on the
>illumination but through out Arkat. The illuminiation make it much more
>easier to somebody to work with chaos as the boristi do.

Ok. I'm sold on the Borists having Illumination, having given it some thought. It does make sense with their Secret Society World View and their dealings with Chaos. I suspect that most of the lay borists are unilluminated.

Me>>My description was for what the Boristi are like now. They may have
>>been standard Assasins of Chaos in bygone ages but their perceptions
>>on how a Pious Malkioni should behave was gradually been eroded due
>>to centuries of repression and way too much exposure to Chaos.

>I agree to this. But my problem is how they try to explain this. They
>have been corrupted by chaos over the bygone ages, but they have to
>find an explanation why this has happened to them.

They don't neccesarily have to explain this as they may not even be aware of such a difference. They could, for example, say that they have always lived this way and anybody who says otherwise is a liar. I don't think the Borists have accurate records of their old ways having been persecuted by just about every man and his dog in Ralios for over a thousand years.

Martin Crim:

Me>>Five is Truth according to the Yelmists. They and the Lunars don't
>>believe in the God Learner Cosmoslogy. Eleven (beyond perfection)
>>would be an unlucky number

><sigh>. OK. What would be the usurpers' number, then: 11? 101?

13 from the Gods Wall, 50 from the Perfect Sky (being the 50th Reliable Body to appear in the Sky after Emperor Kazkutm's reign). 54, 56, 57 and 88 may also considered inauspicious given their connection with the Usurper (being the other members of Orlanth's Ring).

Erik Sieurin:

>Mr Peter Metcalfe says a lot of sensible-sounding things about the
>Ralios Orlanthi until he gets to this paragraph:

Urk! Woke up this morning with a headache and now I know why! The God Learner switch was attempted again!