Borists and Chaos Monks

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 18:39:56 +1100

G'day all,

The Guild of Chaos Monks

I think Peter Metcalfe's take on the Borists is inspired, with lots of MGF potential! And while there is nothing wrong with whole sects forming over quibbles of theological minutae - "to Tap or not to Tap" - Peter's ideas not only give the Borists substance, but also a compelling reason why they exist today. Like Sandy, I'm adopting Peter's approach whole-heartedly. Expect a Borist chaos-sink in my next scenario!

Perhaps the Guild of Chaos Monks are similar to the Borists, except that they believe *they* must take the sins of the world (eg. chaos) on to themselves, rather than pass it on to scapegoat familiars. To die this way would to them be the highest form of martyrdom. Of course, such a path leads to horrible chaos features and warped minds and bodies. A chaos monk trusts that his faith in God will help prevent him from succumbing

to the evil temptations chaos plants in one's mind. Unfortunately, most are not strong enough, and succumb, committing atrocious acts of wanton destruction and violence before they are destroyed. I can well imagine such monks screaming "Kill me, kill me," as they run amok in the marketplace, tentacles writhing where their arms should be...

Cheers

MOB