Stopping misinformation.

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 23:53:52 -0800

>From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
>Right after WoC kills it's RPG line, GDW has announced it's closing at
>the end of next month. Sure hope Chaosium's card game is a success, as
>they have allowed all their game rules to go out of print, presumably
>to finance the card game.

Let me squash this ridiculous display of misinformation as fast as I can. It's these kind of false rumors that keep me wasting time answering to unecessary queries from worried consumers.

  1. Chaosium has not allowed all their game rules to go out of print. CoC and Nephilim are in ready supply. Elric! should be back in late March (hopefully). Pendragon could definitely benefit from additional funding to get the rules back in print. Work continues on the Cthulhu fiction line and potential Gloranthan and Arthurian fiction.
  2. Chaosium is not financing its card game. Good luck finding a company that is. Funding the card game has taken NO money from the other lines. In fact, it hasn't even taken time away in production because the other lines have product ready, but other factors are delaying them.
  3. GDW been ready to die for 6 years and only had two employees (counting the owner. It going out of business isn't going to change much.
  4. I really hate the spreading of misinformation to large groups of people like this. I'm sure Kevin didn't mean to do something dumb, but I'm (and the company) the one who suffers from it.

eric
chaosium_at_aol.com