Re:Another RPG company dies

From: WillTwist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:37:36 -0500

>> Right after WoC kills it's RPG line, GDW has announced it's closing at
the end of next month. Sure hope Chaosium's card game is a success, as they have allowed all their game rules to go out of print, presumably to finance the card game.<<

Don't forget White Wolf Games letting one third of their staff going and cutting the salary of every one else. The reason given was financial misjudgement. None of their products or product lines were cut, but who knows what this did to their publishing schedule. I guess their rage card game didn't bring in the income that they hoped for.

Personally, I think I would have preferred seeing Chaosium buy the rights to Pagan Publishing's Creatures and Cultists and put out an inexpensive copy of that.

Now back to Glorantha...

Will Johnson