Re: Stfford's Address Red goddess/Nysalor etc

From: Barbara Braun <zbraun_at_minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 23:04:45 +1100 (EDT)

G'day this is Andrew emailing,

What Greg said about the Red Goddess and her link to Nysalor and Yelm will have to wait until the transcripts are published in Questlines II.

Two reasons:

  1. I am a bastard and you should have attended the Con if you want to know our secrets. We had attendees from all over the world so no excuses accepted.
  2. I can't remember the details and I don't want to get into heavy theological debate about such a crucial Gloranthan issue. Suffice to say that the goddess who is currently known as the Red Moon has been there from the beginning and has seen it all and suffered for her knowledge. (Yelm for example was just a wussy nancy-boy who ran and hid in hell during most of the God's War - assisted of course by a naughty boy with a pointy stick)

I did like David's theory about just who won at the end of King of Sartar.

Also Nick's King Argrath fairy story may well encapsulate why there was a loss of writing for several hundred years after King Argrath's reign.

Cheers, Andrew