Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #349

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:32:22 +0100

David Cake (hmmm...?):
> Now, assume that Argrath hates the expansionist empire that he has
> fought against most of his life. He hears of its greatest foe, Sheng
> Seleris, and undertakes a heroquest of enormous difficulty in order to bring
> him back.
>
> And at first, he thinks it has worked. Sheng goes and chops the Red
> Emperor up, and generally kicks the Lunar army around, etc. But then it all
> goes wrong - Sheng doesn't want to destroy the Lunar Empire. He wants to
> rule it, and create an empire that is probably even worse, from Argraths
> point of view, as it is not tempered with the Lunar tolerance.
Uhm, this sounds familiar? Wasn't it so that Harmast Barefoot resurrected Arkat, got uncomfortable when Arkat got trollish, and then resurrected Talor (?) to fix things? What I mean is, is this another example of myth/history repeating itself in Glorantha?

Nick:
> THE BALLAD OF BEAT-POT AELWRIN

Good, but where's the notes? :-)

> KING ARGRATH

Good indeed! Did you win ? (Waitaminnit, was there any storytelling _contest_ on RQ DU or was it just storytelling?) My only complaint is that I kept feeling reminded of a Groo story, so that I had a hard time reading it with the necessary seriousness :-). I especially liked the statement that Argrath is the one who made Dorastor what it is......

Erik