Obscure Numerology

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:31:14 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

Me>> Five is Truth according to the Yelmists.

>Peter, could you clarify if you're quoting or paraphrasing some source
>here, or making one of your Unchecked Assertions? (Not that I
>object to either, but it might be handy to know which is which.) Is
>this tFS type stuff?

My apologies. It's from the GRAY where Plentonius talks about the Ten Members of the Celestial Court and their properties. Aether Primolt is Ten and Athletics is Eight (I think), frex.

>> Eleven (beyond perfection) would be an unlucky number

>As I recall, The Elevens are some sort of DHn Spetnaz, or so some
>throw-away line in GRAY seems to imply.

There's a comment in the Fortunate Succession's entry for Emperor Vanyoramet about who the Elevens were and how they came to get their name. The 'Beyond Perfection' description (which came from there) seems to indicate that the Dara Happans viewed them as outside the Social Order (much like the Berserker is in Orlanthi Society). On second thoughts, Inauspicious would have been a better word to use.