Rokari Iconoclasts

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 12:29:34 +0100

Sandy:
> I have long contended that the Rokari are subject to fits of
> iconoclasm. This explains why -- they live next to loathsome hybrid
> henotheists who accept all kind of funky saints. Perhaps even our
> _own_ good saints are not correct?!

In addition, since Rokarism for me is a lot about "doing Brithinism as it oughta have been" and the Brithini explicitly do Not Worship Anything, Thankyou, this sort of "Thou shalt not make thee an image" fervor is just what I would expect as well - and I assume it tends to originate within the Wizard caste (whereas, frex, False God or Heretics witchhunts may originate among Farmers - "She's a Henotheist, its her fault our crops has failed, burn her!" or Knights/Lords). I also imagine that Rokari are more interested in this Logic and Knowing The Universe Thingy, and thus have a relatively larger part of scholastic wizards who debate this thing, many of whom may be closet deists or atheists by the standards of other Wizards. I also imagine the White Wizard movement may start campagns against these impious scholars, as well as the Iron Rod, of course.

Erik Sieurin