The Triumph of the Lunar Empire?

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 11:05:11 GMT

Ever since reading KING OF SARTAR I have strongly suspected that the Lunar Empire was a phase of the deep conspiracy that has surfaced among the God-  and the Broken Council in the past, attempting to manipulate the history and myth of Glorantha for one, unknown and unknowable end. The Harshax (?sp) of the time the KING OF SARTAR was compiled was perhaps its final form. The most ominous line in KoS was for me where Harshax says (I'm quoting from memory here) something like: Literacy may be back but at least its under OUR control now.

Possible identities for the conspiracy:

Chaos. (Too obvious and not consistent with the results being sought.) Illuminates. (Well, maybe....)
The original Solar Empire (Trying to recreate the Perfection of their pre-Time Empire)
Or
(My favourite)

A conspiracy of militant Humanists who are digusted with the (undoubted) existence of gods and have struggled from the beginning to destroy every god in Glorantha. Consider the legend of ARGRATH AND THE DEVIL in the light of this.
(Yes, even the Invisible God HAS TO GO!)

I have it half in my mind to allow a copy of KoS drop through from the future to my own campaign in 'current' Glorantha. Scrawled on the front page is an incoherent appeal from the author to prevent this from coming to pass....

(Look if Prince Snodal can get a glimpse of a future map of Loskalm....)

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles
(Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the
Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.