Re: Praxian Knot Writing

From: Brian K. Curley (Master of Time & Space) <"Brian>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 19:07:14 -0600 (CST)

Sandy Petersen wrote:
> Since all Praxians speak the same language, taught by Waha, there
> would appear to be little need for Sign Language, but I there might
> be one nonetheless, used to communicate with Pent folk, Kralori,
> Baboons, and other outsiders who don't speak Praxian. Or else it
> could just be an error by Greg, who'd forgotten that they all speak
> the same language and wanted to make them even more Amerind-like.

So where do the Riverfolk (ala River of Cradles) and their language of Boatspeech fit in here? Is it a dialect of Praxian or from another language family all together. It seems the Riverfolk have an awful lot of interaction with the Animal Nomads not to have a language common to both cultures.

Brian

|      Brian Curley       |   I'm your only friend... I'm not your   |
|   Holder of Previous    |   only friend, but I'm a little glowing  |
|      Knowledge          |   friend but really I'm not actually     |
|  bkc_at_axle.adp.wisc.edu  |   your friend but I am...                |