minor comments...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 1996 14:27:19 +1300

Jose Ramos:

>[corrects me on the Reconquista]

*sigh* [Not the Moor's Last]

Obviously I blew that one. The actual period I had in mind were the persecutions of the fiftenth century and the fall of Granada. Thanks for the info.

Joerg Baumgartner:

The Elevens:

>Still they remain a part of the Dara Happan culture, even after
>destroying what was left after Manimat's departure.

They 'remain a part' of Dara Happan Culture as much as the Templars 'remain a part' of Roman Catholicism. The Elevens overthrew Manimat in a coup and appeared to have installed Kazkurtum instead. Since the only other person to have used such untrustworthy troops after this is:

>Anirestyu [who] sends them to aid Nysalor in his last battle.

which says it all IMO. For those of you not in the know (not having read the Fortunate Succession), Anirestyu is somewhat despised by the later Chronicles.

Incidentally the Chroniclers deprived him of his status as Emperor of Dara Happa, because he did not use the Shargash Priests of Alkoth to witness his enthronement. Anirestyu appears to have used the Elevens instead (compare the resemblences to Elevens and Shargash).