Why?

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 08:25:35 -0600

Erik the Why-king asks:

> By the way, could anyone tell me why the poor Westerners are the ony
> culture who never get the benefit of the doubt? The weird blasphemy
> of the Lunar's obscene empire, the bickering Theyalan barbarians, the
> slave-empire of Dara Happa, even the man-eating Uz monstrosities,
> everyone is romaticised :"well, they keep slaves, but they are SOOO
> well treated", "well, they have a lot of blood feuds all the time, but
> they are SOOO Noble and Freedom-loving".
> While the Poor Westerners All Are Bastards, Their Faith A Sham, Their
> Society A Disgrace.

        It's because the Westerners are all hypocrits. They go on and on about an Invisible God, who can't be seen/touched/sensed in any way, and doesn't acknowledge or communicate with his followers, and doesn't intervene. Then they start talking about Divine Intervention, and coopting  other people's gods as saints; St Orlanth, St Humath, etc.

        I qoute your entirely correct statement; "Their Faith is a Sham".

Peter Metcalf:

> The Dragons did not waste Peloria but pulled the Moon Apart. Argrath
> is explicitly said to have avoided battle. ....

        Is this why Argrath wiped out Kalikos Ice-Breaker & buried Peloria under eight feet of snow? After decades (generations?) of minimal snowfall, the Pelorians cannot have been ready for this, and must have suffered dreadfull losses. Sort of like using a nuetron bomb so that you don't have to send in the marines....

                Andrew

PS Glorantha-Con IV, January 24th-26th 1997, Ramada Hotel O'Hare (Chicago)

    This message brought to you by Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!