Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #364

From: (wrong string) ärelä <msarela_at_snakemail.hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:28:52 +0200 (EET)

> Dayzatarians, etc. make them see the cult as morally iniquitous. It is thus
> a well known religion, but considered scandalous for noble men to worship,
> while beloved of the lower orders and excitable teenagers of a romantic
> temperament.

I was thinking something like that too. Meaning that the cult in the Yelmite lands won't be allowed to operate in daylight.

> Here, here, David. Well put. The thing to remember about the Solar
> pantheon relative to the Orlanthi pantheon, is that while the Orlanthi
> deities are usually one big, happy family, the Solars deities more resemble
> the dysfunctional, divided souls featured in the finer soap-operas. While
> the Orlanthi deities can usually come to basic agreements about any given
> topic, (Chaos bad, Love good) the Solars are bound to have at least two
> radically different viewpoints on most any topic. The Solars are a panthon
> of extremes and opposites who depend on each other: Yelm-Lodril,
> Yelm/Antirius-Shargash, Uleria - Dendara, etc.

It's quite nice to look at Solar pantheon and then think what it was like in the was it Sun time. Considering all deities fighting each other, no wonder that Storm gods could storm and chaos creep in. In fact my opinion is that Orlanth did Glorantha a BIG favor when he killed Yelm and ended that corrupt time. And as you can very well see, the change brought much good ... and bad.

Mikko Sarela !I'm writing my name without the two dots above !

              ! to make it easier to read !