Ducks & Baboons

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 07:34:54 -0600

Loren writes:

> That curse story is what the ducks say, but we humans don't believe
> it. The truth was that a tribe of humans venerated their domestic
> fowl instead of their ancestors and were cursed most horribly for it.

        In the eastern section of Dagori Inkarth, near the Nine Good Giants Mts, there lives a tribe of exiled Snow Trolls. These Uz believe that the the Ducks were once a tribe of humans, who refused to aid the Gods against Chaos and were cursed into their present form as a result. This tribe thinks it an honor for a lone troll to travel into Sartar, kill a duck, and return with the feathers made into a fan, or some other ornament. (Of course, not every troll comes back...)

        This tribe also beleives that Baboons were once humans that refused  to aid Wakboth, (the fleeing survivors were cursed). The nearby baboons are puzzled by this, as their on myths are different. But they haven't bothered to tell this to the trolls, as the trolls seem to feel honor bound to help them in times of need.

Andrew Joelson				joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com        -+-
AKA  Rupert von Harl, Seven Mothers/Yanafal Tarnils and Humakt		    |
"Contradiction?  No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway."     /